Band Sectional rehearsal Schedule for January 2019.
Sectional rehearsals are in place of regular band classes and allow me and the student to focus on improving trouble areas
Wed., Jan. 9 = CLARINETS
Fri, Jan. 11 = TRUMPETS & BARITONE
Wed., Jan. 16 = PERCUSSION
Fri, Jan. 18 = FLUTES
Wed, Jan. 23 = SAXOPHONES
Fri, Jan. 25 = TROMBONES
Wed, Jan 30 = Full Band resumes – all to attend
PLEASE NOTE: any band student is welcome to attend the sectional rehearsals, but I will focus nearly entirely on the scheduled section.
In addition to the above sectional rehearsal schedule, each band student is to schedule an individual 30’ lesson with me outside of regular band schedule times. Our goal is to complete one sectional rehearsal and one individual lesson for every student before January 30.
Individual Lesson times will be:
- Before school 8:15-8:45 Monday, Tuesday or Thursday
- Lunch 12:15-12:45 Daily
- After School 3:10-3:40 Monday, Tuesday, or Thursday
I will finalize a schedule for these lessons in the first week of January.
No Instruments should be left at the school during the break!
Christmas Break is a good time to give instruments a thorough cleaning, take in to have a technician look them over, replace old reeds, and to practice lots!
Anything and everything in the Gold Book is open to try.
Whether your child has an instrument or not, all classes are considered mandatory unless your child is sick.
- Please inform Mr. Douglas when your child is unable to attend.
- If you have difficulty getting and instrument, please inform Mr. Douglas.
- If you have barriers to your child practising at home, please inform Mr. Douglas so we can establish a practice routine at school.
For more information on the Beginner Band program in Burnaby please visit:http://blogs.sd41.bc.ca/vpa/district-programs/sd41s-elementary-band-program/.